Wednesday, May 20, 2015

He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing.

2 Thessalonians 2

He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. v9-10

The forces of evil and Satan are real and at work in and around us.  Although Paul's message emphasizes how unbelievers are influenced and will be punished, this message is important for believers as well as it both comforts us that we will be saved on the Day of Judgement, and that we should be helping spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to an unbelieving world - we should give everyone an opportunity for the love, grace, and power of Christ.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God that You came to save me...in fact, You chose me...knowing everything about me, including my sin.  How great You are!  I am not deserving of such a God.  I am weak, broken, quick to anger, slow to listen, selfish, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway and for all the many, many, incredible ways You bless me.  I love You Jesus.  I need You desperately in my life.  Please forgive me for my sin of anger, etc. and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me take comfort that I am saved but at the same time help me grow in my faith and share the Good News with others such as my family.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength and comfort.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.