Thursday, May 21, 2015

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

2 Thessalonians 3

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. v3

As I posted yesterday, Satan is real and at work in us and around us and we need God's protection.  If we go to God in prayer, through study and application in His Word, etc. then we should take great comfort that He promises to protect us.

Solomon also tells us in Proverbs 2:

My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding —
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones. 
  hen you will understand what is right and just
    and fair—every good path.
  For wisdom will enter your heart,
    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
  Discretion will protect you,
    and understanding will guard you. 
  Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
    from men whose words are perverse, 
 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
    from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
  Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
    and keep to the paths of the righteous.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God, one who came to save and protect...and You chose me, knowing everything about me, including my sin and brokenness and disobedience.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worth such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, etc. among my many sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me take great comfort in Your protection through prayer, study of Your word, etc. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength and comfort.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.