Thursday, September 8, 2016

But the Lord is righteous; he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.

Psalm 129

But the Lord is righteous; he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked. v4

The world is full of sin (including myself) and I need protection from the sin and the wicked influences that are part of the world.  I am DEEPLY thankful that I have a God who is willing to die on the cross to protect me from the sting of sin and death.

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:56-57

Only God can do this and Jesus proved in Matthew 4 that God is more powerful than Satan.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love, compassion and mercy.  You have saved me and You continue to save me from the sting of sin and death - thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such efforts.  I worry FAR too much.  Please forgive me. Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.