Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle.

Psalm 140

Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle. v7

We know that sin is everywhere and that it is more powerful than we are.  We need to be alert!


Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
 
And as David writes in this Psalm, God is our deliverer from sin - He is the only one that can protect us from sin and temptation.  See Matthew 4 and Luke 4 where Jesus is tested by Satan and defeats Him by calling on scripture.  Jesus of course defeated the sting of sin and death by rising from the grave after His resurrection.  What a great God and deliverer we have!
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are my strong deliverer and my shield.  Thank You for being there to help me defeat sin and temptation.  I am not worth such efforts and love because I worry...and far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.