Thursday, September 1, 2016

Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.

Psalm 125

Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore. v1-2

We know that the Lord is permanent and eternal (Psalm 102, Matthew 24, 2 Corinthians 4, Lamentations 5, Psalm 117, Hebrews 13).  As we strive to become more like Him (Romans 12:2), we should expect that we will not shaken, and our confidence rests in Him alone, based on a confidence that even when our earthly body goes away, we will be with Jesus forever.  

This is yet another great promise - and God keeps His promises (Luke 1:37).

BTW....Jerusalem is indeed surrounded by mountains: Mount Scopus (northeast)Mount Herzl (west), Mount of Olives (east), Judean Mountains.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God and I know You are with me where ever I go...even in my sin.  Thank You Jesus that You love me so much - I am not worth such love.  I worry and I am easily distracted and worn out...I don't endure as You desire me to.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me endure!  Help me grow in my faith and trust in You.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You love me.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.