Friday, September 9, 2016

Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.

Psalm 130

Israel, put your hope in the Lordfor with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.  He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins. v7-8

We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).  Yet as the author states, we have a God - in Jesus Christ - that fully redeems our sins.  He saves us by paying the price for our sin (Romans 6:23).

We should wait for Jesus' return as the author does and as Jesus warns us to - to be ready (Parable of the Ten Virgins).


I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning. v5-6

My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God and I know You saved me by paying the price for my sins - You suffered and died for me on the cross.  Thank You Jesus and I know my words are insufficient for what You did and for Your love.  But my words and my life are all I have to give You - please accept my worship and my life.  I love You.  Forgive me for my harshness and impatience with others.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.