Friday, December 29, 2017

Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.

1 Chronicles 29

Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.  Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. v11-12

David, as great a king as he was, remained humble for nearly all of His life.  With exception to his indiscretion with Bathsheeba and the ensuing cover up (including the conspiracy to have her husband killed), David was a "man after God's heart" who shunned arrogance and instead gained his confidence and strength from God alone.

For more on arrogance, see posts here

For more on humility and being humble, see posts here and here.

We must remember from where all things come.

[E]very good and perfect gift is from above[.] James 1:17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the creator of the heavens and the earth and You provide for all of my needs - I need You alone.  Thank You for how You bless me.  Yet I am not worth such a loving God - I worry and I often rely on my own understanding and strength.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.