Saturday, December 18, 2010

What Does It Take To Get That God is Talking to You

Today's Reading
1 Samuel Chp 19

The Lord was clearly with David as is described in this chapter.  Saul repeatedly tries to kill David as his jealousy grew strong over David.  Jonathan, David's wife Michal, and Samuel all protected David.

As well, God came upon both Saul's men and even Saul himself:

"the Spirit of God came on Saul’s men" (verse 20)

...

"So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even on him..." (verse 23)

God is clearly intervening on David's behalf and speaking directly to Saul, yet Saul's jealousy and anger are so strong that he cannot hear God talking directly to him in terms that are both loud and clear.

Satan's work is powerful.

My Prayer: Lord, you have protected me often from harm and you continue to keep me from harm.  You are my rock and thank you for your protection.  Forgive me for my sinful nature and forgive me when I neglect you and allow sin to separate myself from you.  Please help me draw closer to you and protect me from sin and from Satan's powerful hand.