Monday, March 26, 2012

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1

16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. 

When everything around us here on earth disappoints, we can be sure to look to Christ for a God that does not disappoint and He never will!  As evidence of this, He gives us the word of truth which provides renewal of the mind:

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.  (Romans 12:2)

My Prayer: Lord, You are greatness and Your gifts to me personally and to us Your children are great.  I think of the beauty of spring and the creation of earth and all that it is and I marvel at Your greatness and Your love of us that You provide this for Your children.  I am not deserving of such love.  I am a broken and sinful person Lord.  Forgive me that I exasperate my children even though You tell me not to...and my sin is SO much more.  Please forgive me Lord and rid me of my sin.  Please purify my heart and my life and transform to be more like You.  Help me glorify You Lord Jesus.