Friday, March 9, 2012

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

Ephesians 3

Two verses strike me today:

8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ.

and

17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

Verse 8 of because of Paul's humility.  Paul is arguably one of the most Godly men after to be a follower of Christ, and yet his greatness is rooted in humility.  (See 2 Cor 12:8-9).

Verse 17-18 because I gain additional perspective on the power available through Christ our Lord.  On Tuesday, I read about how I have available to me the same power that raised Christ from the dead.  For me!! It is just as astounding reading now as it was on Tuesday.  First and foremost, I am to use this power to grasp as Paul states "how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ".

This latter point it seems is really important.  Recognize this power so that I can recognize God's love for me.

My Prayer:  Lord, I don't want to seem arrogant so please strike me down if I am.  I feel as if I am beginning to see as Paul references the extent of the love You have for me.  How incredible and how amazing.  I am truly not deserving of this yet you provide it anyway...again because You love me.  I know for sure that because I am not deserving of this...I need You.  And I need You badly.  I am sinful person and I need Your forgiveness.  Please help me Lord.  Purify and transform both my heart and my life.  Take me as Your humble and devoted servant.