Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.

Ephesians 6

5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.  

I am not a slave but this passage still speaks to me as it should speak to all employees with earthly masters.

I am constantly nagging about this or that about my workplace and bottom line this is not right - even more so, it is sinful.

My Prayer: Lord, I know You have forgiven me for my sins and you will continue to do so but I also know this does not provide me with freedom to continue in sin.  I am thankful for the grace and love You freely give and I am not worthy of it.  Please forgive me for my lack of service to my own employer.  Please rid me of this sinful behavior and help me serve wholeheartedly - that I am to remember that I am serving Christ, not people.  Transform my heart and my life Lord.