Tuesday, March 27, 2012

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

James 1

19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 

Anger is something that I struggle with, particularly with my family but also with my work.


My Prayer: Lord, You listen to me always and You are there always which is amazing because I often scorn You, deny You, and disobey You.  Please forgive me Lord Jesus.  Thank you for Your love and grace for me.  Please rid me of my sin, purify and transform me, and make me more like You.  Help me please be more quick to listen in all circumstances.