Monday, October 1, 2012

Those who trust in themselves are fools

Proverbs 28

Those who trust in themselves are fools v26

When I don't go to the Lord daily...I am implying many things, including:
  • I don't need the Lord
  • I don't trust the Lord 
 Of course both are deeply sinful!

But I know I need the Lord...for many reasons.  He IS trustworthy because He has blessed me beyond imagination and I need to be more mindful of how He has blessed me.

I also know that taking things into my own hands, with my own plans, does not work.  There are countless examples also in the Bible where this is the case, including the story of Jacob and Esau.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a blessing and You have blessed me...in many, many ways.  I am not worthy of such blessing, particularly when I neglect You.  I don't want to disappoint You but I do....I am thankful that You love me anyway but please forgive me Lord Jesus for my neglect of You.  I DO desire to love You with all of my heart, mind and soul.  Please help me build my faith in You and help me draw near to You and stay near to You.