Tuesday, August 20, 2013

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 7

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. v14

God does not promise easy lives.  In fact, He knows that difficulty and our ability to persevere leads to a higher level of spiritual maturity:

Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:4

The questions I must ask myself then is how am I challenging myself in Christ to enhance my ability to persevere so that I can mature in my faith?

My Prayer: Lord, what a great God You are that You have such patience in me.  I am far from perfect and my sin seems to be endless.  I desperately seek to rid myself of this sin.  I know that You love me anyway, so thank You Jesus for such grace and kindness...and patience.  Please forgive me for my sin of judgement...for which I am guilty quite a bit.  Please also help me grow in my faith and in my love of You and others.