Wednesday, August 14, 2013

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Matthew 7

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." V1-2

Wow...I have never read this verses before.  I have heard sermons on verses 3-5 below but not 1-2.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Verse 1-2 are key in that God is so serious that we not judge that he says we are to be judged by the same measure that we use to judge others.  Pretty serious stuff...I am certainly guilty of this and the area that sticks out to me are people with whom I disagree politically.  And I use my anonymity to hide behind because I call this person or that person an idiot (someone I hear about on the TV or radio).

It's even worse that I hide behind my anonymity...this is cowardice.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God in that You love everyone equally - from the lowest of those in social standing to the highest.  Regardless of what we do, You continue to love Your children.  Your love for us, and of course for me, knows no boundaries.  What a great God You are indeed!  I am not worthy of such love and blessing - particularly because of my judgement of others.  Thank You that You love me anyway and no less.  Again an example of how great You are Jesus.  Please forgive me for my sin of judging others.  Help me rid myself of my sin. Help me be the man You intend for me.