Wednesday, August 21, 2013

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. v21

Wow!  Challenging words indeed!  I do wish that do the will of Jesus.  

I recently posted on this topic and I pray that I can stay close to God to be aware of how He is directing me both in terms of the message and the methods - see also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are truly amazing.  You are a great God that has created the heavens, earth and everything in between.  You love me, bless me, and You even died for me so that I could have freedom from sin and eternal life.  That You love me and do all of this is amazing.  I am not worthy of such love or blessing.  I am slothful.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my slothful nature - I seek my own comfort too often.  I must as I read yesterday understand that life is only available through the small gate and narrow road and that challenges await.  Please be on my side Jesus...help me as I desperately seek to please you Jesus.