Thursday, August 14, 2014

Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

John 6

Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself. v15

Jesus knows all things and He is all powerful.  He knows our hearts and what is good for us.  I must submit to Him and focus on loving Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength...and then I must focus on loving others as myself.

 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’  This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are great and worthy of my worship.  You have blessed me well beyond what I deserve and what man can accomplish.  I know You are real, and You are an active God that loves me daily.  This is even more amazing given I continue to sin - impatience, anger, arrogance, pride, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus. Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.