Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

John 8

"Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” v7

On the topic of sin, Jesus reminds us that our sin is no less than others' sin so we need to avoid inappropriate judgement. 

Other places in scripture there is guidance about appropriate judgement of sin:
John 7:24
Matthew 18:15-17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are pure, holy and blameless.  You came to earth for me..led a perfect life and then You willingly suffered and died on my behalf.  All so that I could have forgiveness for my sins and eternity in heaven with You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing Jesus...I am full of anger, impatience, judgement, arrogance, pride, etc.  Please forgive me for such sin and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as myself.  Help me grow in my faith.