Friday, August 1, 2014

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."

John 4

“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." v34

Jesus challenges us here that what sustains is not food and water but doing the work of God.  

Further explaining Himself, Jesus says:

Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”  v35-38

He not only challenges us with regard to what should drive us but also that there is always work to do...that the we need to be more aware of how the needs of others is all around us.  He also explains how some of us "sow" and how some of us "reap".  God orchestrates all it and we should not be concerned about doing everything...if we called to "sow" then do that...and if we are called to "reap" then do that.  

I should just focus my energies on serving Jesus and pleasing Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You love me and bless me despite my sin...I am selfish, impatient and that is not of course the extent of my sin!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.