Wednesday, August 20, 2014

On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

John 6

On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” v60

Believers in Jesus cannot make distinctions between His teachings that are worth following and those not worth following...we must obey all His words.  God recognizes that we cannot do this (Romans 3:23) but that does not mean we should not mature in our faith (see post yesterday).

All of God's words are perfect...see post here and here.

My Prayer: Lord You are a great God beyond all description.  You love me and You suffered and died for me...and if that was not enough You continue to be an active powerful force in my life daily for my good.  Thank You Jesus!  Forgive me for my worry.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love with You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, help me love others as Yourself and help me mature in my faith.