Thursday, August 6, 2015

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

James 2

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.  v10

James uses favoritism of the rich vs the poor as an example of favoritism of people but he also mentions favoritism or "cherry-picking" of the Bible as another form of favoritism.  Neither is appropriate and he also lays out the consequences - we become "guilty of breaking all of it"...a serious matter indeed and judgement awaits.

My Prayer: Lord You are an awesome God indeed and You see us as pure, holy and blameless in Your sight - You have such mercy for us!  Thank You Jesus.  You bless me also...beyond what I deserve.  I need You desperately in my life because I am broken...full of sin.  Help me Jesus.  Please forgive me for my grumbling and complaining...I know I need to be content in my circumstances yet I am often not.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love (and see) others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me lead and serve Lisa Zach and Dustin.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Please heal her of this cancer.  Praise You for how You have shrunk this tumor and started to give Lisa some strength back.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.