Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!

James 5

Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! v9

I often grumble about those around me - whether this is my own family, friends, or people I work with - how sinful!  I am no better!  The Bible tells me, beyond today's verse, that this is sinful:

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1-2
...
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. Romans 14:13
...
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Matthew 7:3-5
...
Instead - God wants us to love... John 13:34, 1 Peter 3:8, etc.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God that ONLY loves.  You have not and do not sin as You are pure, holy and blameless.  And You love me...knowing everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus. I am not worth such love.  Please forgive me for my judging nature.  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me love and not judge.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength and freedom from pain.  Please heal her of this cancer - forever.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.