Monday, August 3, 2015

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

James 1

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. v21

Anger is another form of complaining, which is of course a sin (see here, 1 Cor 10:10, Phil 2:14-15).  I am to be content and as James puts it, "humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you."

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have me right where You want me and I know You are doing great things in my life and You have already done great things in my life!  Hallelujah!  What a great God You are.  I have been blessed well beyond what I deserve...thank You Jesus!  I do thank You, and I desperately need You in my life to continue to work in my life...and also for forgiveness.  I am way too quick to anger and impatient (although You are a patient with me).  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Please help me humbly accent my circumstances as Your will.  Help me be content with You and Your word because that is all that I need!  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength and freedom from pain and discomfort.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.