Friday, July 31, 2015

Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above....

James 1

 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above....v16-17

It is important to understand who God is and to understand the depth and breadth of his greatness.  He created the heavens and the earth and everything in between - all of its inhabitants.  He chose each us then suffered and died for us...knowing everything about us, including our brokenness.  He is of course ALL of the fruits of the Spirit - a God we not only should desire but a God we desperately need in our lives and a God we should seek daily.  All of our life comes from Him - we are need of nothing else because all good things and all things we need come from Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God.  I know You love me.  I desperately need You in my life - I am broken.  You have saved me but I need ongoing cleansing and transformation.  I know You are not done with me.  Thank You for the many blessings You provide and for Your mercy. Please forgive me for my selfishness.  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me truly lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.