Friday, July 3, 2015

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.

Hebrews 6
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. v19

Regardless of what we are experiencing, we have hope...and this hope comes from our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Similar scriptures:
James 1
Philippians 3
 2 Corinthians 1
Romans 8

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God.  Through trials and suffering you train and equip us - giving us hope that You are always there and using us and our experiences for Your glory and our good.  How awesome are You!  I am in awe that, knowing everything about me, including my sin, You came to earth to suffer and die for me.  I am not worth such an act - while I am deeply grateful I am broken and sinful.  Lazy, impatient, full of anger and impatience, harsh with my thoughts, words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me appreciate the hope that I have.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength and comfort.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.