Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. v1-2

We are Christ's Ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20) - given the gospel and told to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ to all.  People know this and are watching us...these are our witnesses.  Because we have witnesseses we must as best as possible avoid sin and be Holy...as God asks us.  (Leviticus 11:44-45, 19:2, 20:7).  We must also persevere by fixing our focus on Jesus.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus You are a great God - pure, Holy and blameless.  You came to earth to suffer and die for me, knowing everything about me including my sin.  You persevered...for me.  What a great God - thank You for all that You are and all that You do.  I am not worth such a God.  I am broken.  I am lazy and too quick to anger...among my many sin.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me focus my eyes on You...help me avoid sin.  Protect me.  Help me persevere.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, strength, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.