Friday, July 10, 2015

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Hebrews 11

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. v1

God wants us to focus on Him and on things eternal - His Word, doing His Word (James 1)...we exist soley to glorify God.

Later on in this chapter the implication is that I am encouraged to refer to myself as a foreigner and stranger on earth.

Too often, however, I focus on what is seen vs unseen - please forgive me Jesus!

My Prayer: Lord Jesus You are a great God full of love and patience for me.  You came for me...You chose me...knowing everything about me including my sin.  What a great God You are.  I am not worth such love and sacrifice. I am broken - I too often focus on what I see...not on glorifying You.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me glorify You with my life Jesus.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help her feel better today.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.