Thursday, July 2, 2015

We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

Hebrews 6

We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. v12

Jesus our Lord and Savior gives all of us skills and abilities - gifts - that He wants us to use for His Glory.  At the same time we are not be lazy.

See also:
1 Timothy 4
1 Corinthians 12
Luke 12
Matthew 25

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your designs and Your works are amazing - how You designed all of Your children with skills and abilities that we can share and work together and how You designed the heavens and the earth and all of its inhabitants.  That I get to experience Your designs and works as well as salvation are amazing gifts - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such gifts.  I am lazy.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome such sin and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me use my gifts for Your glory.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength, comfort, and freedom from pain.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.