Thursday, July 9, 2015

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Hebrews 10

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. v26-27

I know that I have received the knowledge of the truth and I know that I sin and I know there are sins for me that are very tempting - yet as this verse indicates I must be careful not to deliberately sin with such knowledge.  Please help me Jesus!

My Prayer: Jesus, You are a great God that has not only beat sin but also death.  You know and have experienced everything that I have experienced including temptation - yet You on earth were pure, holy and blameless.  How awesome a God are You - that You would suffer and die for even though You were undeserving of such punishment.  Thank You Jesus for doing this for me!  I am not worth such a gift because there are times when I deliberately sin...knowing truth.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me beat temptation and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa comfort, energy, and strength - please heal her of this cancer and help her today heal.  Please help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.