Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. v19-22

Key for me in these verses is that we should have confidence in Jesus that He can save us both from being slave to sin (and shame) and from death itself.  One thing that stands out is that while we may avoid a guilty conscience, we do not escape consequences of sin either here on Earth or in Heaven. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have once and for all freed me from being slave to sin and You give me eternal life - what amazing gifts these are!  I am not worth such gifts!  I am lazy, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions, and I am weak - easily distracted.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me have the peace and strength that comes with complete confidence to approach You and believe in You. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength, energy, comfort, and freedom from pain - please heal her of this cancer and help her feel better today!  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.