Friday, January 2, 2015

For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.

Romans 7

For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. v22-23

I am often reminded that our earthly life is filled with battles against sin...if you do not believe that Satan is at work in your life and in the lives of your family (for whom you are to lead spiritually) you are sorely mistaken.  Paul speaks of this and thus provides an explicit scriptural example.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are pure, holy and blameless.  You did not have to die for me yet You willingly did so...for me specifically.  Your death and resurrection for me gave me freedom from sin and eternal life...the greatest gift of all-time.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift.  I continue to battle against sin, including anger, selfishness, pride, impatience, etc.  Thank You that You love anyway but please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.