Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

Romans 14

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. v13

I often have harsh thoughts, words, or even actions for others.  All are equally bad and sinful.  Paul's words to the believers in Rome touch my heart:


Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand. v1-4

Another sin pointed out to me through Paul's words is pride. I puff myself up by tearing someone else down. Again sin.

I am thankful I have a God full of mercy, kindness, compassion, gentleness, etc.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are!  You are a complete demonstration of the fruits of the Spirit...You are the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit!  That You know everything about me, yet You chose me and came to save me, then suffered and died for me, is amazing!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a gift.  I am prideful, and I am harsh with my thoughts, words and actions.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.