Friday, January 30, 2015

Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise.

1 Corinthians 3

Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. v18

We are told that we cannot serve two masters:

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

Although the specific reference in Matthew refers to money, I believe the same can be said of any idol we may have, including worldly knowledge.  We should focus first and foremost on God and knowledge of Him, His Word, His Ways, His Commandments, etc. and intimacy with Him.  We are promised that He will bless us if we do.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God that is the creator and provider of all things (all good and perfect gifts as James says in James 1:17) and You bless me beyond what I deserve. I am selfish, lazy, harsh with my thoughts, words, and actions, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to and apply Your message for me today and every day.