Thursday, March 12, 2015

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

2 Corinthians 9

 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. v7

I know, as I posted yesterday, that I am to be good steward of the blessings God places in my care.  Paul expands on this by telling me HOW to do this...by developing a heart for giving and for being a cheerful giver.  I am prayerful that I am a cheerful giver.

My Prayer: Lord, You have given to me and placed in my care blessings beyond what I deserve and You have given me great riches in terms of treasure, talent, and time.  You are a great God that always provides and You became poor so that I could become rich...in so many ways.  Thank You Jesus!  Again, I am not worth such blessing.  I am quick to anger with Zach...still.  And harsh with my thoughts, words and actions.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Help me lead, serve and strengthen Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.