Wednesday, March 25, 2015

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.  v11-12

I know God has a plan for me and that He is control.  I know this from other scriptures, including Jeremiah 29:11, which I noted yesterday in my post.  This plan is course first and foremost for His glory...but also for my good..."plans to prosper you...plans to give hope and a future".  I have to hang my hat on this today.

My Prayer: God, You are great and I know You have awesome plans for me...and for Lisa...while it is a mystery to us now...we know that even with Lisa's cancer, there is goodness within which You have yet to reveal.  However, I am selfish and impatient.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others (i.e. Lisa, Zach, Dustin, etc.) as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Cure and heal Lisa of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.