Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.

2 Corinthians 8

The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little. v15

I know I am to be generous...to be a good steward of what God has put in my care: treasure, time, talent. In particular in this passage, Paul is focusing on money, but the broader point applies.  God has treasure, time, and talent in my care for His glory.  And I am to be generous and intentional with all of them.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God...giving tremendously to me...even though I am not deserving.  Your love and Your grace abounds...I see it daily in my life and in the lives around me.  Your church and my brothers and sisters in Christ are an incredible creation and they are functioning for the care and love of us during this trial - praise God.  Thank You Jesus for Your love and Your church and for all of the brothers and sisters in Christ who are supporting us and praying for us fervently.  I am not worth such love and blessing. I continue to be disobedient, selfish, impatient, too quick to anger, etc.  Thank You Jesus that You love me despite my sin and knowing everything about me.  Please forgive me and help me turn from sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Help me give Lisa strength.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.