Wednesday, March 4, 2015

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. v10

There are consequences for our sin....whether in this life or in heaven. I don't like to think about this but this DOES help us live in reverent fear of God.  We need Him desperately...for forgiveness and mercy.  For we know that  ... "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23) and only He can provide such mercy and forgiveness.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God, full of love, compassion, and mercy.  You went to the cross for me and I know of no greater act of love, compassion, and mercy.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such an act.  I am selfish, quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, prideful, etc.  Thank You that You know all about me and my sin...that You love me anyway.  Please forgive me for my sins and help me turn from them towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Help me serve her, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me glorify You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.