Monday, January 11, 2016

All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

Psalm 6

All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame. v10

Over the course of our life, others will either purposely or unintentionally hurt us.  That is just the nature of our world.  Although I am not so certain I agree with David's words about how we are to respond to others that hurt us, David is correct that God alone is the source of our protection.  He will strengthen us and give us confidence in peace that He is always with us - our security should rest in Him alone.

In our relationships with others, God provides significant guidance - starting with John 13:34-35:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

On the subject of revenge and hardened hearts:
- Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  Colossians 3:12-13
- Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

My Prayer: Lord what an amazing God You are!  I know I have disappointed You and sinned against You greatly....yet Your heart has not hardened against me and You forgive me...Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such a God.  I am harsh with those closest to me.  Please forgive me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me a tender heart...including towards others.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.