Thursday, November 24, 2016

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 15

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. v1

I have recently posted on two other occasions about how words should be used to encourage vs tear others down - see here and here

This morning the focus is how words damage relationships and I know how this happens because I have often used my words to tear others down and I know this damages relationships.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of patience, compassion, kindness, mercy, etc.  My words cannot do justice to Your greatness.  I know I need a God like You because I cannot do any good things without You.  Thank You for mercies and patience for me.  Please forgive me for my weakness and failure to seek You for protection from temptation and sin.  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me be gentle with my words.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Please help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and lead them to You Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Help me glorify You with my life.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.