Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Lord tears down the house of the proud, but he sets the widow’s boundary stones in place.

Proverbs 15

The Lord tears down the house of the proud, but he sets the widow’s boundary stones in place. v25

God abhors pride and arrogance - which itself is a sign of selfishness.  Yet just as Jesus came not to serve but to be served, we are not to expect that our desires come first.

Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:43-45

 “So the last will be first, and the first will be last.” Matthew 20:16

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You are all powerful and all knowing - yet You chose to take on human flesh and suffer and die for me so that I could avoid the sting of sin and death, and have life, life to the full, and eternal life.  Thank You Jesus!  What an awesome gift You are!  I am not deserving of such a gift!  I am selfish far too often.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.