Friday, November 11, 2016

Hopes placed in mortals die with them; all the promise of their power comes to nothing.

Proverbs 11

Hopes placed in mortals die with them; all the promise of their power comes to nothing. v7

I know I too often place my satisfaction and hope in other people.  While others may provide a measure of satisfaction we must understand that we cannot place too much hope in what others can provide - otherwise we idolize people and place them in a position that only Jesus can hold.

See also:

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. Psalm 118:8-9
 
Stop trusting in mere humans,
    who have but a breath in their nostrils.
    Why hold them in esteem? Isaiah 2:22
 
You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. Psalm 59:17
 
Do not put your trust in princes,
    in human beings, who cannot save. Psalm 145:6
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, only You fully satisfy and fulfill my heart.  Thank You Jesus that You are always with me - that You provide Your Word and the Holy Spirit. Your Hand in my life protects me, encourages me, teaches me, heals me, etc.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I worry, I am lazy, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.