Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Proverbs 12

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. v18

Last week I posted about how words can be used to build one another up or to tear someone down.  In Luke 6, Jesus explains the role of the heart in how we use our words:


A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:45

If we focus on loving God (Exodus 20, Matthew 22:37-40) and on being transformed by the renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2), we can begin to soften our heart towards Jesus and others.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are the way, the truth, and the life.  I have sin in my life and only You can cleanse me of my sin.  I need You.  Yet too often I reject You and am disobedient. Please forgive me Jesus!  Thank You for Your grace and mercy.  I am not worth such love.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me soften my heart and be more like You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.