Monday, November 28, 2016

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Proverbs 16

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. v3

I have often posted about the folly of our own plans, which put ourselves first - contradicting what God commands us to do (Exodus 20, Matthew 22:37-40).  

Gamaliel, according to this commentary was Paul's teacher, made this statement about the folly of human (vs those of God) plans:


"For if [Jesus' disciples] purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” Acts 5:38-39
See also this post.

As I posted a couple of days ago, humility (Matthew 5:3) is core to our journey with Christ.

When we focus on renewing of the mind (Romans 12:2) we can better understand God's will for our lives.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are!  You are wisdom, truth and light in a world that is full of lies and darkness.  Apart from You I can do no good things and You are a lamp unto my feet!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of Your compassion and mercy!  Please forgive me for my sloth and laziness.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.