Tuesday, November 14, 2017

David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.

2 Samuel 22
.  
David sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. v1

As David's life draws to an end, key aspects of his life are memorialized.  Here in chapter 22, David is shown to be a man after God's heart.  David was not perfect but he sought to please and glorify God and much of the Bible focuses on David, including the Books of 1 and 2 Samuel, and most of the Psalms. See also post here regarding how some see the parallels between David and Jesus and that we should study David's life as an important component of our bible study.

This song is an incredible expression of worship to God and He is certainly worthy!  Just a few snippets that grab me this morning (hard to single ANY out):

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me. v17-18

You, Lord, are my lamp;
    the Lord turns my darkness into light.
With your help I can advance against a troop;
    with my God I can scale a wall. v29-30

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are - worthy of my full attention and praise!  Thank You for coming to rescue me and for being my light.  I would be lost without You.  I am undeserving of such a God as I worry and I am often impatient with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses for Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.