Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones....Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.

Various Proverbs

A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones....Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 12:4, 13:20

Day 142 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues with a study of the Proverbs - primarily of Solomon, but including the Proverbs of other authors as well. This morning my focus includes proverbs that cover persons and attributes (parents and children, the elderly, women and wives, kings and rulers, messengers, and companions), and various concerns (caution, reputation, courage, and hope).

My focus today is on my wife Lisa (of 22 years).  Lisa without a doubt is a blessing from God for me and for Zach and Dustin.  She is also of noble character.  She is also wise and has helped me become more level headed - less rash.  She is wise in ways that have blessed me enormously.  As you can tell from posts from the past few days, I've struggled in this area.  Thank You God for the blessing of Lisa in my life.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You have blessed me beyond what I deserve - particularly with Lisa!  I am undeserving of such blessings.  I continue to place my own comfort above that of my relationship with You Jesus - sinful indeed - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.