Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Have An Ongoing Conversation With God....

Today's Reading
Deuteronomy Chp 11

Continuing to admonish the Israelites in the ways of the Lord as they prepare to enter the promised land, Moses urges the Israelites to obey God's commands. He encourages them by showing them how they will be blessed if they follow the commands and indicates what consequences (curse) they face if they don't obey by turning away from God.

He further encourages the Israelites to "live" God's words throughout the day:

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (verses 18-19)

I continue to tell myself that I "struggle" with my prayer life. This is nonsense. I just need to pray...to worship Him, to seek forgiveness, to thank Him and to pray primarily on behalf of others and then secondarily for myself.

My Prayer: Lord, I worship you for your divine word - scriptures. It is through your word that I have grown closer to you. I can see the transformation in my heart and in my life. I pray that you will forgive me that today I am not all you want me to be. Help me humble myself, deny myself, and truly follow you. Thank you for helping me manage my stress at work and thank you for the wisdom on how to raise Zach and Dustin and for how I can encourage Lisa. Help me continue this and help me continue to draw even closer to you.