Monday, November 15, 2010

God Allows Us and Others to Sin For His Perfect Purpose

Today's Reading
Judges Chp 14

As Samson does here (see previous entry where Joshua implores the Israelites not to associate with sinners), I have many times ignored the clear will of God and sinned anyway.   Yet God allows Samson's sin to occur and He is able to use it for his glory and perfect plan.  See verse 4:

(His parents did not know that this was from the LORD, who was seeking an occasion to confront the Philistines; for at that time they were ruling over Israel.) (Judges: 14:4)


Today I am not following the way of the Lord that says:

 4 Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)

I am a controlling person and this is a weakness that I need to give up to God and perhaps this is the way he wants me to do this - for Zach to be strong willed child and for me let Zach be and allow God to be in control - for me to submit to God's perfect will and plan.

My Prayer: Lord, your plan is glorious as I have seen you work in my heart and my life and in the life of others - praise God that you are in my life!  Forgive me for my laziness in seeking you out.  Help me submit to your will in all areas of my life, particularly with my children and Zach in particular for me not to exasperate him.  Help me with this Lord.