Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God Can Redeem All That We Have Done for His Glory

Today's Reading
Judges Chp 16

Although today's reading and post is similar to yestereday's, I feel greater clarity today.  Many times I have struggled with my own sin and history and whether I can ever be free of the consequences.  Yet, here, with Samson, we see that if we can finally submit to God's great and perfect will, God can redeem and use all of our experiences, sin, and consequences for his glory.

With Samson, his final revenge on the Philistines is when he is captured after his head is shaved and he is chained to the temple:

28 Then Samson prayed to the LORD, “Sovereign LORD, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.” 29 Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other, 30 Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.  (Judges 16:28-30)

I pray that I can submit to God's will as Samson did.

My Prayer: Lord, I now that you have used me for your great glory as I have seen your work through me with your own hands and with my own eyes.  Oh how you are awesome that you can use me - as I feel I am an ordinary person strengthened ONLY through you!  Forgive me for neglect and scattered attention.  Help me draw near to you, understand your will for me, submit to your will, and to be obedient and more like you.  Help me love you more each day Lord.