Thursday, April 21, 2011

Do I Wear My Love of Lord on My Sleeves?

1 Chronicles Chp 15

Although it was only 3 months ago that I read in 2 Samuel this same story, it is an important lesson and through a second reading I have gained addl insight. 

29 As the ark of the covenant of the LORD was entering the City of David, Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. And when she saw King David dancing and celebrating, she despised him in her heart.(verse 29)

If I am truly being a light, it is not just my worship that I must proclaim publicly, it is MY ENTIRE LIFE.  And now I recognize my sin because in my workplace I know I am not being a light and I am clearly not following God's will.



23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters[.] Colossians 3:23

My Prayer: Lord, you are great and your wisdom and compassion is great.  I have sinned gravely for my horrible attitude at work.  Please forgive me and please help me remember that I am not working for human masters but for you and for your glory.  Help me do everything that I do with all of my heart so that people can clearly see my work as an instrument of God and have God shine through me.