Monday, April 25, 2011

I Seek God's Wisdom Alone

2 Chronicles Chp 1

Although I have read this passage previously, it strikes me once again how Solomon seeks wisdom above all else.  This is pretty remarkable, particularly in light of all of the earthly distractions I personally face: worries over my job, $$, my own selfishness or greed, etc.  I wonder for myself whether if in Solomon's shoes I would ask as well for something similar.  I would hope so...

Two questions in my mind that hits me upon reading of this passage again (albeit in 2 Chronicles) is what kind of wisdom am I seeking?  And what do I most cherish and what do I want most?

On the first question, it is a mixed bag.  I am thankful that I am finally seeking the counsel of other men in my life and this is a good thing.  It is also good that I continue to seek the counsel of resources such as Men's Fraternity.  However, it is not good that I don't seek other sources, such as books that cover key topics, such as parenting, etc.

On the 2nd question, I can tell by what stresses me out what I cherish most.  I genuinely think I am a selfish person and I don't like it when things don't go my way.  This is flat out selfish.

My Prayer: Lord, your wisdom is perfect and your word is perfect. I am thankful for how you have transformed my life and you let me talk to you every day and you speak back to me every day (at least as often as I read my bible...)!.  Forgive me when I don't seek you out as I should, and forgive me for my laziness and my selfishness.  Lord, give me strength, and give me generosity.